Disorders Chiropractors Help Treat
For many years, we thought that chiropractors can only treat spinal conditions such as whiplash, back pains, stiffed necks and slipped discs. But there are plenty other disorders that chiropractors can help treat.
Here are some of the ailments that chiropractors can treat:
- Headaches and Migraines – Chiropractors can do spinal adjustments to decrease stresses in the body system that cause headaches and migraines. In addition, they can also recommend healthy diet and vitamin supplements, and provide relaxation methods.
- Stress and anxiety – Stress and anxiety can be treated by chiropractic adjustments and Chiropractors can recommend vitamin supplements and relaxation methods as well.
- Fibromyalgia – As neuromusculoskeletal experts, Chiropractors can do spinal adjustments that help improve the patient’s nervous system for a better chance at recovery. They can also cure pressure points of the musculoskeletal system and help in total pain relief.
- Weak immune systems – Researches have proven that chiropractic adjustments can ease stress on the nervous system that can actually improve the immune system at the same time. For instance, studies have shown that regular chiropractic care has helped HIV patients recover more quickly than those who have not undergone chiropractic adjustments.
- Flexibility and Mobility – Spinal adjustments and realignment of the bones and joints not only improve flexibility, balance, and mobility, but more importantly, also relieve pain. Chiropractors can also suggest physical exercises that will help in maintaining the recovery.
Although chiropractors cannot prescribe any medication to a patient, what they can do with their chiropractic care has the same effective results as medicine. At the same time, they can recommend a change of lifestyle habits to secure the patient a better and quicker recovery and prevention from any neuromusculoskeletal illnesses. Chiropractic allows a person to have responsibility and control over their own health, making for a wholistic and self-empowering patient experience.
Chiropractors are graduates and licensed practitioners recognized as experts or professionals in their fields the same way medical doctors are. However, as it is with all others when you seek specialized treatment, we recommend seeing a primary care physician before seeing a chiropractor.
Surprise: Chiropractors Can Treat These 5 Conditions by David Starr, U.S. News and World Report; last accessed 6/19/2020